Your Desired Breast Augmentation: Safe and Tension-Free Surgery
Yes, Breast augmentation/implants are the solution; if you want to achieve your confidence back and have a desire for perfection in shape, size, and volume of the breasts.
Breast augmentation surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the world performed by board-certified plastic surgeons. Its popularity is not only because of its acceptance but also because it is easily available at accredited and certified plastic & cosmetic surgery centres all over the world.
Breast augmentation is one of the most effective procedures to correct noticeable breast asymmetry and breast implants can be used to help correct tuberous breast deformities. Other common goals of breast augmentation:
- Restoring breast fullness lost after pregnancy & breastfeeding.
- Feeling more confident in a swimsuit.
- Adding balance to better complement curvy hips.
- Enhancing self-image.
- You can have a more youthful-looking figure.
- You can feel more proportional.
What are silicone implants?
They are implants designed to simulate the feel and shape of a breast made out of a biocompatible substance called silicone.
Silicone implants can be inserted behind the breasts (called sub-fascial or sub-glandular) or behind the pectoral muscle (called sub-muscular or retro-muscular).
There is also a new innovation, where the implants are inserted in a “dual plane”, which means the implant is located half under the muscle and half under the breast glands. This procedure is performed only in selected patients, post-examination by a skilled plastic surgeon.
- Saline-filled implants
Saline-filled implants are made of silicone bags that are filled using normal saline solution and the implants expand like a balloon. This procedure is reserved for reconstructive breast enlargement
What happens during the
During your consultation, you will be evaluated and several measurements taken.
Placements of The Breast Implants
What happens during the
- The procedure is done under general anesthesia with same day discharge
- A small incision is made under your breast or below your nipple
- Working through the incision, we lift your breast tissue and skin to create a pocket, either directly behind the breast tissue (sub-mammary or sub-glandular placement) or beneath the pectoral muscle and on top of the chest wall (sub-pectoral placement).
- Once the implant is positioned within this pocket, the incisions are closed with sutures and covered with surgical tape. A mildly compressive gauze bandage will be applied over your breasts to help with healing.
Who is a good candidate for Breast Augmentation?
Women often seek out breast augmentation for a number of different reasons including:
- Improvement in the appearance of small, disproportionate breasts.
- Restoration of volume to the breasts after weight loss or pregnancy.
- Breast asymmetry correction.
- Improvement in the appearance of aging breasts.
What does the recovery involve?
- The surgery usually takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete. You’re likely to feel tired and sore for a few days following your surgery, but you’ll be up and around in 24 to 48 hours.
- There are restrictions on heavy lifting and exercise for the first two weeks, and certain exercises should be limited to about six weeks.
- Within a few days, the gauze dressings will be removed and you will be placed into a surgical bra. You should wear it as directed.
- The swelling in your breasts may take a few weeks to dissipate and, during this time, your breasts will become more natural in appearance and feel.
Bra Size Calculator
To calculate your bra size, please enter your underbust and bust measurements below.
Bra Size Measurement
STEP 1: OVER-BUST SIZE
Measure completely around the bust at the fullest point. Hold the tape tight against the back but not too tight in the front.
STEP 2: UNDER-BUST SIZE
Using a soft tape, measure around the rib cage directly under the bust. The tape should be held tight, edge to edge with no space between it and your body.
Before & After
Schedule your appointment
Frequently asked questions
To be a candidate for breast augmentation, you need to be physically healthy and have a good idea that breast implants will enhance the appearance of your body. Breast implants should not be sought to please someone else such as a spouse or a boyfriend or as a “quick fix” for other issues.
The best candidates typically are women who over a long period of time have had a desire to increase the size of their breasts to improve the shape of their body, fit better in a dress and clothing styles and otherwise to better proportion their body. Good candidates also are women who may have delivered and breastfed one or multiple children and have had significant changes in the shape, size and appearance of their breasts as a result.
This is often one of the most difficult decisions, and for many reasons, has the most potential for disappointment. During your consultation, your plastic surgeon will work with you to identify what size of breast you desire from augmentation. “Breast size” as measured by bra-size is variable and is often not a good way to measure final size.
In the long term, breast implants are unlikely to affect range of motion, muscle strength or other physical abilities.
Properly performed studies reported in the medical literature have failed to show any differences between the safety of silicone filled and saline filled breast implants.
The results of breast augmentation surgery are immediate; it means you will have a visible appearance of your enhanced breasts after the procedure. Boob job surgery yields larger breasts right away. The final result will take a couple of weeks to show the improvement as the swelling subsides and the skin stretches. Support bras are provided to wear after the surgery that will help in shaping the breasts. Incised marks will subside with the application of ointments or scar medications.
Yes. Placement of the implant below the breast tissue, as in subglandular placement, does not affect the ability of the breast to produce milk. Similarly, submuscular placement, or implant placement below one of the chest muscles preserves proper breast functioning.
The pain from breast augmentation surgery is usually in the moderate range and generally can be well controlled with medication in the first 1-2 weeks following the surgery. It is important to note that severe or untreatable pain following surgery can mean infection or another complication.